Process and Guidelines
All applicants must register for and complete the Mercy Vocational High School Entrance Test. Please call the Admissions Office to register for testing. Applicant is required to submit a copy of his/her elementary transcript on the day of testing. Applicant must submit a minimum of two letters of recommendation from present principal and teacher.
Applicant must submit an essay, one-two typed, double-spaced pages. This essay must be submitted with the completed application. The essay must be signed and dated at the bottom by parent/guardian and student.
The essay topic/guidelines for all applicants are:
- Why do you believe Mercy Vocational High School is the best choice for you?
- What do you expect/hope to achieve through an MVHS education?
- What qualities do you believe you possess that will lead to a successful four-year MVHS experience?
- In what ways have you been involved in and contributed to your school outside of the classroom (e.g. activities, sports, service, etc.) and in what ways will you do the same at MVHS?
- A copy of the applicant’s first 8th grade trimester report card must be submitted with the application.
- An application fee of $25.00 must be submitted with the application. Check or money order made payable to Mercy Vocational High School.
- Parent and applicant must agree to a scholarship interview with a member(s) of the Scholarship Committee.
Scholarship awards will be based on the following criteria:
- The applicant’s 7th and 8th grade academic performance.
- The applicant’s entrance test results.
- The submitted letters of recommendation.
- The applicant’s submitted essay.
- The parent/applicant interview.